Drugs Home > Cyanocobalamin Nasal Spray
When and How to Use This Nasal SpraySome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with cyanocobalamin nasal spray include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a nasal spray. It is usually sprayed one time in one nostril once a week.
- Do not eat hot foods or drink hot liquids for at least one hour before and one hour after your cyanocobalamin nasal spray dose. Hot foods or liquids can cause your nose to produce mucus that could wash away your dose.
- Try to take your dose on the same day each week to make it easier to remember when your dose is due.
- This medication comes with an information leaflet describing its proper use. Read the leaflet carefully before using cyanocobalamin nasal spray to make sure you understand how to use it. If you have any questions, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Do not stop using this medicine unless your healthcare provider tells you to do so, even if you feel well, as it could cause your anemia to return.