Drugs Home > Colesevelam
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?Prior to taking colesevelam, talk with your healthcare provider if you have:
- High triglycerides
- Stomach problems
- Difficulty swallowing
- A history of bowel obstruction
- A history of pancreatitis
- Recently had surgery of the gastrointestinal tract
- Bleeding problems
- An allergy to WelChol, medications, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see WelChol and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see WelChol and Breastfeeding).