Drugs Home > Carfilzomib
- This medication comes as a powder that is dissolved in liquid and given as an injection into a vein (an intravenous, or IV, injection). It is normally given once a day for two consecutive days each week.
- After three weeks, you will receive a break in treatment when no doses are given.
- Carfilzomib injections are normally given by a healthcare provider in a healthcare setting, such as a hospital or infusion clinic.
- The actual dose is given over 2 to 10 minutes.
- Your healthcare provider may give you other medicines to help reduce the risk for certain carfilzomib side effects.
- It is important to stay hydrated during treatment to help maintain adequate kidney function. Your healthcare provider may give you IV fluids before and after your doses. Ask your healthcare provider how much fluid you should consume each day.
- For carfilzomib to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. This medication works best if taken on schedule. However, you may need to miss doses due to side effects.