Drugs Home > Canakinumab
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to receiving this medication if you have:
- An infection of any kind, a history of infections that keep coming back, or if you get infections easily
- A history of hepatitis
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- A weakened immune system or immune system problems
- Plans to receive a vaccination
- A history of tuberculosis or ever had a positive tuberculosis test (purified protein derivative, or PPD, skin test)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Ilaris and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Ilaris and Breastfeeding).
Dosing Information for CanakinumabThe dose of canakinumab your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The condition being treated
- Your age
- Your weight
- How you respond to the medication.