Drugs Home > Bedaquiline
- Bedaquiline comes in the form of a tablet. It is usually taken by mouth once a day for two weeks and then three times a week for 22 more weeks.
- This medication should be taken with food and water.
- Do not cut, crush, or chew the tablets. They must be swallowed whole.
- Bedaquiline is taken in combination with other tuberculosis medicines. Make sure you understand the instructions for taking these other products as well.
- You should not drink alcohol during bedaquiline treatment.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work to treat your infection if you do not take it, or take less than the full course. Also, missing doses or not taking the entire course of treatment may increase the risk that the bacteria will become resistant to bedaquiline or other tuberculosis medications.