Drugs Home > Beclomethasone Nasal Spray
Beclomethasone nasal spray is used for preventing the return of nasal polyps after surgical removal and treating allergic and non-allergic rhinitis. The prescription medication, which is a type of steroid, decreases inflammation by limiting the body's ability to produce an immune system reaction. Beclomethasone nasal spray is typically used twice daily. Side effects may include sneezing and nose or throat irritation.
- Treating sneezing, runny or stuffy nose, and nasal itching due to allergies (known medically as allergic rhinitis), including seasonal and year-round allergies
- Treating similar nasal symptoms caused by irritants, rather than allergies (known medically as non-allergic rhinitis)
- Preventing the return of nasal polyps after surgical removal.
- Irritation of the nose or throat
- Occasional sneezing attacks.