Drugs Home > Afinitor Dosage
A Note About Afinitor Disperz Tablets
In order to help children take this medication, the manufacturer of Afinitor makes this medication in Disperz tablets in addition to regular tablets. These tablets are mixed with water before each dose to form a suspension.
Afinitor Disperz tablets are approved only for treating SEGA brain tumors, not for any other use. It is recommended to not use both regular tablets and Disperz tablets to achieve an appropriate dosage; use one or the other, but not both.
General Information on Taking AfinitorSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Afinitor include the following:
- This medication comes in regular tablet form and in Disperz tablet form. The Disperz tablets are combined with water just before each dose to make a suspension. Both forms are taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- You can take Afinitor with food or on an empty stomach; however, you should take it the same way (either with or without food) every time.
- For the regular tablets, do not cut, chew, or crush the tablets. Swallow them whole with a glass of water.
- For the Disperz tablets, carefully follow the package instructions to prepare the suspension, either using an oral syringe or a small cup. If the suspension is not taken within 60 minutes of preparation, it must be discarded.
- Take this medication at the same time each day to keep an even level in your blood.
- For Afinitor to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Afinitor dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.