Drugs Home > Adapalene
What If I Take an Overdose of Adapalene?Applying too much of this medication may cause skin redness, peeling, and discomfort. Taking this medication by mouth may cause symptoms of vitamin A toxicity.
What Should I Do If I Miss a Dose?If you forget to apply adapalene at bedtime, simply skip your missed dose and continue with your regular schedule.
How Does Adapalene Work?Adapalene belongs to a group of medications known as retinoids, meaning it is chemically related to vitamin A. Some other well-known retinoids include Retin-A® and Accutane®.
- Apply this medication once daily to the affected areas in the evening just before bedtime. Use only a thin layer.
- Wash your face (and/or other affected areas, such as the back) with a mild, soap-free cleanser before applying adapalene.
- Make sure to avoid the area around the eyes and lips.
- Do not apply more than a small amount; using an excess of this medicine increases the risk of skin irritation without increasing effectiveness.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure, as you will burn more easily.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.