Interested in a Discount on Loratadine?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
People who take too much loratadine may have overdose symptoms that could include:
- Rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (known as heart palpitations)
- Unusual body movements or muscle contractions.
(Click Claritin Overdose for more information.)
If you forget to take your loratadine dose, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose.
Brand-name loratadine is made by Schering-Plough HealthCare Products, Inc. Generic versions of the drug are made by various manufacturers.
Loratadine comes in the following strengths and forms:
- Loratadine syrup -- contains 5 mg of medication per teaspoonful (per 5 mL)
- Loratadine 5 mg chewable tablets
- Loratadine 10 mg orally disintegrating tablets
- Loratadine 5 mg orally disintegrating tablets
- Loratadine 10 mg tablets
- Loratadine 10 mg liquid-filled capsules.
Currently, some (but not all) forms of this medication are available in generic form (see Generic for Claritin).