Loratadine 10 mg Tablets
Loratadine (Claritin®) is an allergy medication that is available over the counter. It is an antihistamine product that can help relieve common allergy symptoms such as runny nose, itchy or watery eyes, and sneezing.
The medicine comes in several different forms and strengths, including:
- Loratadine syrup -- contains 5 mg of medication per teaspoonful (per 5 mL)
- Loratadine 5 mg chewable tablets
- Loratadine 10 mg orally disintegrating tablets
- Loratadine 5 mg orally disintegrating tablets
- Loratadine 10 mg tablets
- Loratadine 10 mg liquid-filled capsules.
Adults and children six years old and over typically take loratadine 10 mg tablets. The recommended dosage is one tablet, once daily. The recommended loratadine dose for children two to five years old is 5 mg once daily. This dosage is equivalent to one loratadine chewable tablet or one teaspoonful (5 mL) of loratadine syrup.
(Click Loratadine Dosing to find out what your healthcare provider will consider before making a dosing recommendation and for a list of general dosing tips and precautions for this medication.)