Junel Fe is a prescription birth control pill that is used by women to prevent pregnancy. It is a combined oral contraceptive, which contains both an estrogen and a progestin. It is important to take the pill every day, as missing doses increases your risk of pregnancy. Potential side effects include headaches, nausea, and breast tenderness.
- Gildess® Fe (made by Patheon, Inc., for Qualitest Pharmaceuticals USA)
- Microgestin® Fe (made by Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
- Larin™ Fe (Novast Laboratories Ltd. for Northstar Rx, LLC)
- Loestrin® Fe (made by Teva Pharmaceuticals USA).
Junel Fe is a generic version of Loestrin® Fe (see Generic Loestrin Fe for more information). Microgestin Fe, Larin Fe, and Gildess Fe are also generic versions of Loestrin Fe.
As with any medicine, Junel Fe can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the contraceptive will experience side effects. In fact, most women tolerate it quite well.
If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of birth control pills include but are not limited to:
- Breakthrough bleeding or spotting between periods
- Nausea (with or without vomiting)
- Breast tenderness
(Click Junel Fe Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)