The standard recommended dosage of dronedarone for treating atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter is 400 mg twice a day. Your daily dosages should be taken with the morning and evening meals; taking this medication on an empty stomach will make it less effective. Compared to many other arrhythmia drugs, dosing for this product is very simple, as there is only one standard dosage.
The dosing guidelines for dronedarone (Multaq®) are surprisingly simple, compared to many other arrhythmia medications. There is only one standard dosage, regardless of your age or weight. As always, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Dronedarone Dosage for ArrhythmiasThe standard recommended dose of dronedarone for atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter is 400 mg twice daily (with the morning and evening meals). Because some drug interactions with dronedarone are very serious, you should not start dronedarone unless you have completely stopped taking certain other medications (see Drug Interactions With Dronedarone for further information).
Some considerations for people taking dronedarone include the following:
- Dronedarone comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth twice a day.
- This medication should be taken with food (with the morning and evening meals). Taking it on an empty stomach will make it less effective.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Dronedarone will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you forget to take your dose, simply skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or dronedarone dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.