Psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis are just a few of the skin conditions that may be treated with Cordran Lotion. This medicine is only available by prescription and is normally applied to the affected areas of the skin two to three times daily. As a type of steroid, it works by suppressing the immune system and reducing inflammation. Side effects may include dryness, burning, and itching.
Cordran® Lotion (flurandrenolide lotion) is a prescription skin medication. It is a topical steroid that is used to treat a wide variety of skin conditions, such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and allergic reactions.
Cordran Lotion is made by DPT Laboratories, Ltd., for Aqua Pharmaceuticals, LLC.
Cordran Lotion is part of a group of medications known as glucocorticoids, which are a type of corticosteroid (or "steroid" for short). Although glucocorticoids have numerous effects in the body, they are used mostly for their anti-inflammatory or immune-suppressing properties. Cordran Lotion works by decreasing inflammation and suppressing an overactive immune system.
Some general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Cordran Lotion include the following:
- This medication is usually applied to the affected area(s) of the skin two to three times a day.
- Apply the medication sparingly and gently rub in. More is not better; only a thin film is necessary.
- Shake the bottle well before each use.
- If your healthcare provider recommends it, you may cover the medication with a dressing or bandage, although this can increase the risk for side effects.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.