When and How to Take CetirizineGeneral considerations for when and how to take the medication include the following:
- Cetirizine comes in several forms, including tablets, liquid-filled capsules, chewable tablets, and syrup. It is usually taken by mouth once daily.
- You can take it with or without food. If the drug bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Some people need to take cetirizine all year long, while others take it only during allergy season.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as directed by the package labeling. Please read the label closely.
Dosing InformationThe recommended dose of cetirizine will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- The severity of your symptoms
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Cetirizine Dosing for more information.)
Drug InteractionsCetirizine can potentially interact with a few other medications (see Drug Interactions With Cetirizine).
What If I Take an Overdose?People who take too much cetirizine may have overdose symptoms that include:
(Click Zyrtec Overdose for more information.)