Dosing Information for the Buprenorphine PatchThe dosage of the buprenorphine patch your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The type and severity of your pain
- The type and dose of other pain medications you have been taking
- How you respond to the drug
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Buprenorphine Patch Dosage for more information.)
Drug InteractionsThe buprenorphine patch may react with a number of other medicines (see Drug Interactions With Buprenorphine Patch).
What If I Overdose on the Buprenorphine Patch?An overdose of this medication can be quite dangerous and can even lead to death. It is important that you seek immediate medical attention if you or someone else may have overdosed on this drug.
(Click Butrans Overdose for more information.)