Buprenorphine and Naloxone Dosage
General Information on Using Buprenorphine and NaloxoneSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with buprenorphine and naloxone include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a tablet or film. Both are dissolved on the floor of the mouth under the tongue. It is usually taken once a day.
- Do not chew, swallow, or suck on the tablets or film, as this will reduce the effectiveness of the drug. Keep them under your tongue until they completely dissolve.
- If you are using more than one tablet, spread them out under the tongue. Do not place them on top of one another. If you use more than two tablets per dose and cannot fit them all in your mouth at once, take them separately. No matter what, make sure to keep them under your tongue until they dissolve completely.
- For the films, place no more than two films under the tongue at one time. Drink a little water before using the film, as this moistens the mouth and helps the film dissolve easier.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Do not increase your dosage or suddenly stop using this medication without your healthcare provider's approval.