Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with bromfenac include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of an eye drop. It is used once or twice a day, depending on the particular bromfenac product used.
- You will normally begin using the eye drops the day before your surgery, and continue using them for 14 days after your surgery.
- You may not be able to wear contacts while using this medication.
- To prevent contamination with bacteria, avoid touching the tip of the dropper to any surface, including your eye.
- If you are using this medication with other eye drop medicines, make sure to wait at least five minutes between using each medication.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Using more drops than prescribed, or using the medication for longer than prescribed, will not make it work better and may cause side effects.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider.