When and How to Take This Drug
Some general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with bosentan include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a tablet. It is usually taken by mouth twice a day.
- You can take your doses with or without food. Try taking this drug with food if it upsets your stomach.
- Bosentan should be taken in the morning and evening. Try to take it at the same time each day to keep an even level of the medicine in your blood.
- Do not drink grapefruit juice while taking this medication unless your healthcare provider tells you it is okay to do so. Grapefruit juice may increase the amount of bosentan in your bloodstream.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing Information for Bosentan
The dose of bosentan your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your weight
- Other medications you are taking
- Whether you develop certain side effects.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Bosentan Dosage for more information.)
Bosentan may react with a number of other medications (see Drug Interactions With Bosentan).
What If I Take an Overdose of Bosentan?
An overdose with bosentan can lead to a variety of possible symptoms, such as headaches, nausea, vomiting, and low blood pressure. If you happen to take too much, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Tracleer Overdose for more information.)