Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to receiving this medication if you have:
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Numbness, tingling, or burning sensations of the hands or feet (peripheral neuropathy)
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Heart disease
- Low blood pressure
- A history of fainting
- Dehydration or if you do not drink enough fluids throughout the day
- Ever had a herpes infection
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Velcade and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Velcade and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Bortezomib to learn more, including information on who should not receive the drug.)