Berinert Side Effects
Some side effects of Berinert are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- A rash
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest tightness
- Swelling of the face, throat, or tongue
- Dizziness or faintness
- A rapid heartbeat
- Blue tinge to the lips, gums, or skin
- New, persistent, or worsening pain or swelling
- Extreme pain, redness, swelling, or irritation at the injection site
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain or pressure
- Pain, warmth, or swelling in an arm or leg
- Stomach pain or swelling
- Signs of a stroke, such as:
- Sudden confusion
- Changes in vision or speech
- A sudden, severe headache
- Sudden weakness, paralysis, or numbness, especially on one side of the body.
You may experience some or none of the Berinert side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while using Berinert or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.