Beclomethasone Nasal Spray
General considerations for when and how to use beclomethasone nasal spray include the following:
- The medication comes in nasal spray form. It is usually used twice a day.
- Be sure to shake the bottle well before each use.
- Blow your nose before each dose. Breathe in gently while spraying beclomethasone nasal spray into your nose. Do not try to inhale the spray or breathe in too deeply, as the medicine works when it comes into contact with the inside surfaces of the nose, not the throat or lungs.
- Avoid aiming the spray toward the wall that separates your nostrils (in the middle of your nose, called the nasal septum). Spraying beclomethasone toward the nasal septum increases the risk of nosebleeds. Some people find it easiest to avoid this by holding the bottle in the opposite hand (using the right hand to spray into the left nostril, and vice versa).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Beclomethasone nasal spray will not work if you stop using it.
The dose of beclomethasone nasal spray that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Beclomethasone Nasal Spray Dosing for more information.)