Beclomethasone Nasal Aerosol Side Effects
Some people who use beclomethasone nasal aerosol may develop side effects while using this nasal spray. Among the most common problems include nosebleeds, nasal discomfort, and headaches. In most cases, reactions tend to be mild and can be treated easily. However, immediate medical attention may be needed if you experience serious problems, such as difficulty breathing, vision problems, and frequent infections.
An Introduction to Side Effects of Beclomethasone Nasal AerosolJust like any medicine, beclomethasone nasal aerosol (Qnasl™) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with beclomethasone nasal aerosol. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Serious Beclomethasone Nasal Aerosol Side EffectsSome side effects of beclomethasone nasal aerosol are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of steroid toxicity, such as:
- Changes in your menstrual period
- Acne-like skin problems
- Weight gain in the abdomen (stomach), face, neck, or upper back
- Unexplained stretch marks on the skin
- Wheezing or other asthma-like breathing problems
- Frequent infections or infections that do not go away
- Frequent, severe nosebleeds
- A sore in your nose that does not heal
- Thrush (white patches caused by a fungal infection) of the mouth, nose, or throat
- Slow growth in children
- Changes in vision (steroids can increase the risk for cataracts and glaucoma)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Difficulty breathing
- Unexplained swelling.