Beclomethasone Nasal Aerosol
When and How to Use This MedicationSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with beclomethasone nasal aerosol include the following:
- Beclomethasone nasal aerosol comes as a nasal aerosol spray. It is typically used once a day (four total sprays -- two sprays per nostril).
- Before the first use, or if the medication has not been used for seven or more days, it must be primed by spraying into the air four times. Do not prime the medication every day, as this will waste the product unnecessarily.
- Blow your nose first. Then close one nostril with your finger and spray the medication in the other nostril. Hold your breath while spraying and for five seconds afterward, then breathe out slowly through your mouth.
- Avoid aiming the spray toward the wall that separates your nostrils (in the middle of your nose, called the nasal septum). Spraying beclomethasone nasal aerosol toward the nasal septum increases the risk of nosebleeds.
- Avoid blowing your nose for 15 minutes after a dose.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
Dosing Information for Beclomethasone Nasal AerosolThere is only one standard dose of beclomethasone nasal aerosol, regardless of your age or the type of allergies you have. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Beclomethasone Nasal Aerosol Dosage for more information.)
Drug InteractionsBeclomethasone nasal aerosol is unlikely to interact with most other medications (see Drug Interactions With Beclomethasone Nasal Aerosol).