Beclomethasone Nasal Aerosol Dosage
To treat nasal symptoms caused by seasonal or year-round allergies, the standard dose of beclomethasone nasal aerosol is two sprays in each nostril once a day. This is the same dosage for everyone, regardless of age or other medical issues. You can help minimize nosebleeds while using this medication if you make sure to avoid spraying it toward the wall that separates the nostrils (nasal septum).
An Introduction to Your Dosage of Beclomethasone Nasal AerosolThere is only one standard dose of beclomethasone nasal aerosol (Qnasl™), regardless of your age or the type of allergies you have. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Beclomethasone Nasal Aerosol Dosing GuidelinesThe recommended dose for treating nasal allergies (both seasonal and year-round) is two sprays in each nostril once a day. This amount can be used in adults and children as young as 12 years old.
General Information on Using Beclomethasone Nasal AerosolSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with beclomethasone nasal aerosol include the following:
- Beclomethasone nasal aerosol comes as a nasal aerosol spray. It is typically used just once a day (four total sprays -- two sprays per nostril).
- Before the first use, or if the medication has not been used for seven or more days), it must be primed by spraying into the air four times. Do not prime the medication every day, as this will waste the product unnecessarily.
- Blow your nose first. Then close one nostril with your finger and spray the medication in the other nostril. Hold your breath while spraying and for five seconds afterwards, then breathe out slowly through your mouth.
- Avoid aiming the spray toward the wall that separates your nostrils (in the middle of your nose, called the nasal septum). Spraying beclomethasone nasal aerosol toward the nasal septum increases the risk for nosebleeds.
- Avoid blowing your nose for 15 minutes after a dose.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your beclomethasone nasal aerosol dosage, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.