Basiliximab Side Effects
Commonly reported side effects of basiliximab include insomnia, tremors, and diarrhea. Even though reactions such as these tend to be minor, there are some potentially serious problems that may require immediate medical treatment. For instance, contact your healthcare provider right away if you develop a fever, problems urinating, or swelling.
An Introduction to Side Effects of BasiliximabJust like any medicine, basiliximab (Simulect®) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who receives the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with basiliximab. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Serious Basiliximab Side EffectsSome basiliximab side effects are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of infection, such as:
- Aches and pains
- Swollen glands
- Difficulty urinating or painful urination
- Abnormal bruising or bleeding
- Black, tarry or bloody stools
- Chest pain
- Swelling of the arms, hands, legs, ankles, feet, or other body parts
- Mood changes, including anxiety or depression
- Pain, tenderness, swelling, or redness at your surgical site
- Inflammation or sores in the mouth
- An abnormal or rapidly beating heart
- Increased thirst or urination
- Unusual sneezing
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- Unexplained swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.