Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to receiving this medication if you have:
- Plans to receive a vaccination
- A history of transplant rejection
- An infection of any kind, including a viral, fungal, or bacterial infection
- A weakened immune system due to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), cancer, or any other cause
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Simulect and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Simulect and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Basiliximab to learn more, including information on who should not receive the drug.)
Dosing Information for BasiliximabThe dose of basiliximab your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on your age and weight (in children). As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Basiliximab Dosage for more information.)