Azelaic Acid Cream Dosage
The standard dosage of azelaic acid cream is an application on the affected area of the skin twice daily. Make sure to apply this skin cream before using any cosmetics, and avoid the area around the eyes and lips. If your acne has not improved within a month, talk to your healthcare provider about whether you need to stop using this medication.
An Introduction to Your Dosage of Azelaic Acid CreamThere is only one standard way to use azelaic acid cream (Azelex®). As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Azelaic Acid Cream Dosing for AcneThe standard instructions for using azelaic acid cream are to apply the product to the skin twice daily. Before using the medication, wash the area with a gentle cleanser. Then, massage azelaic acid cream gently on the skin. If you do not see any improvement within a month, ask your healthcare provider whether you should continue using this medication.
General Information on Using Azelaic Acid CreamSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with azelaic acid cream include the following:
- Apply azelaic acid cream before applying any cosmetics
- This medication will not bleach fabrics
- Make sure to avoid the area around the eyes and lips
- Wash your hands after applying the cream
- For azelaic acid cream to work properly, it must be used as prescribed
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with azelaic acid cream, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.