Precautions and Warnings With Atorvastatin
It's important to avoid grapefruit products while atorvastatin. In addition, tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you take. Other warnings and precautions with atorvastatin to be aware of involve rare but serious muscle problems that may develop during treatment. If you experience muscle aches, pains, or weakness -- especially with a fever or illness -- contact your healthcare provider right away.
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Will be undergoing a procedure or surgery
- Drink alcohol frequently.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you are currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, antacids, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Finally, make sure to contact your healthcare provider immediately if you experience any muscle pain, weakness, or tenderness, especially if you feel ill or have a fever.