Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Heart disease, such as congestive heart failure or a family history of heart problems
- Heart rhythm problems, including atrial fibrillation (afib), QT prolongation, or a history of an abnormal electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Low blood electrolytes, such as low blood potassium (hypokalemia) or magnesium (hypomagnesemia)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Coartem and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Coartem and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Artemether/Lumefantrine to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
Dosing Information for Artemether/LumefantrineThere is only one standard recommended dose of artemether/lumefantrine for malaria treatment in adults. The recommended dosage for children will depend on the child's weight.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Artemether/Lumefantrine Dosage for more information.)