Drug InteractionsArcalyst may react with several other medicines (see Arcalyst Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using this medication if you have:
- An infection of any kind, a history of infections that keep coming back, or get infections easily
- A history of hepatitis
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- A weakened immune system or immune system problems
- Plans to receive a vaccination
- A history of cancer
- A history of tuberculosis or ever had a positive tuberculosis test (purified protein derivative, or PPD, skin test)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Arcalyst and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Arcalyst and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Arcalyst Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not use the drug.)
What If I Overdose on Arcalyst?It is not entirely clear what to expect from an overdose with this medicine. Seek immediate medical attention if you believe you may have used too much Arcalyst.
(Click Arcalyst Overdose for more information.)