Arcalyst Drug Interactions
Inform your healthcare provider about all prescription and nonprescription drugs you are taking before starting treatment with Arcalyst. Interactions can occur if you combine Arcalyst with products such as echinacea, live vaccinations, or other immunosuppressants. Some of these negative reactions can decrease the effectiveness of the drugs or increase the risk for potentially serious complications.
An Overview of Interactions With ArcalystArcalyst® (rilonacept) may react with several other medications. Some of the drugs that may interact with Arcalyst include but are not limited to:
- "Live" vaccinations, such as:
- Medicines that block interleukin-1 (Il-1), such as anakinra (Kineret®) and canakinumab (Ilaris®)
- Medicines that block tumor necrosis factor (TNF), such as:
- Other immunosuppressants, such as:
- Sipuleucel-T (Provenge®).