When and How to Use AranelleSome general considerations for when and how to use Aranelle include the following:
- Aranelle comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day, at the same time each day.
- It is very important to take Aranelle every day, at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember (such as at bedtime or breakfast). If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- You can take Aranelle with food or on an empty stomach. If Aranelle bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack of Aranelle contains 28 pills. Make sure to take them in order. Once you have finished a pack, start a new pack right away. You will probably start your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception (such as condoms) for a week.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Who Makes Aranelle?Aranelle is made by Barr Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Tri-Norinyl and Leena are made by Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (see Generic Tri-Norinyl for more information).
Aranelle StrengthsAranelle comes with four different groups of tablets in each pack, in the following order:
- Tablets 1 to 7 -- 0.5 mg of norethindrone and 0.035 mg of ethinyl estradiol per tablet
- Tablets 8 to 16 -- 1 mg of norethindrone and 0.035 mg of ethinyl estradiol per tablet
- Tablets 17 to 21 -- 0.5 mg of norethindrone and 0.035 mg of ethinyl estradiol per tablet
- Tablets 22 to 28 -- these tablets do not contain any hormones (these are "reminder" pills).