Antivert Warnings and Precautions
Before taking this product, warnings and precautions for Antivert should be fully understood. For example, you may not be able to safely use this drug if you have Alzheimer's disease, asthma, or heart disease. Antivert can make some of these conditions worse. Other warnings and precautions apply to people with certain allergies and to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Antivert?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Antivert® (meclizine hydrochloride) if you have:
- An enlarged prostate (also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH)
- Difficulty passing urine
- Alzheimer's disease
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Stomach ulcers
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.