Ambrisentan Side Effects
In clinical studies, the most commonly reported ambrisentan side effects included swelling, nasal congestion, and flushing. Make sure to contact your healthcare provider right away if you develop more serious problems, such as fever, unusual weight gain, or a rapid heartbeat.
As with any medication, ambrisentan (Letairis®) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in many cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with ambrisentan. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Some side effects of this drug are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Swelling of the hands, legs, ankles, feet, or any other body area
- Unexplained weight gain
- More trouble breathing than usual
- Signs of anemia, such as:
- Fatigue or tiredness
- Pale skin
- Shortness of breath
- A rapid heartbeat
- Signs of liver problems, such as:
- Yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes (jaundice)
- Unusual fatigue or tiredness
- Abdominal (stomach) pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dark urine
- Loss of appetite
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.